Contact Lenses / Services
Many people who require corrective lenses for their vision prefer to wear contact lenses for various reasons. Whether you feel they are more comfortable to wear, more convenient when playing sports and participating in other activities, or you just don’t want to wear glasses, contact lenses may be an option for you. We even offer contact lenses in different colors.
Southlands Vision Associates specializes in contact lenses and contact lens services. If you are interested in wearing contact lenses, be sure to ask your eye doctor if a contact prescription is right for you.
What are the advantages of wearing contact lenses?
- Many wearers feel that contact lenses show their eyes in a better light or don’t like the appearance of eyeglasses.
- Better vision correction due to the reduced obstruction from eyeglass frames.
- They provide excellent peripheral vision.
- No fogging up in warm rooms.
- No splattering during rain showers.
- Less hassle as they don’t get in the way during sports and other recreational activities.
What are the disadvantages?
- Contact lenses require getting used to. New soft lens wearers typically adjust to their lenses within a week. Rigid lenses generally require a somewhat longer adjustment period.
- Except for some disposable varieties, almost all lenses require regular cleaning and disinfection, a process that, although requiring only a few minutes, is more than some people want to undertake.
- Some types of lenses increase your eyes’ sensitivity to light.